Thursday, June 28, 2012

BC Blogger Meme: Five Things You Want To Do Before You Get Old


Getting older is inevitable and let's all face it, one of the irony of life is we want to live longer but we don't want to grow old. Simply because, the things we used to do when we're younger became more and more difficult and sometimes even impossible when we're old. So before I get too old, I hope I could do these five things first!

One, to read a library or two - if you read things that makes me happy then you'll know I love books! What more a library? :) or two libraries? :D


Two, to travel the world and hopefully the moon - in reading, one could travel. And I think everyone loves to travel! To explore new things and rediscover mysteries! Cool! One of the things I draw on my belle de jour power planner dreamboard,

the one in the upper right was a moon, to write my name in moon, and on the lower right was to travel the world, particularly Paris, Rome and Greece!

Three, to plant a forest, some woods and a beautiful garden - to be immortal is to have a child and
to plant a tree.
I have a newborn already so I scratch that one off my list. Now, to plant a tree. I wanna save Mother Earth in my own little ways because I still hope my son would see the beauty of the Earth and enjoy nature.

Four, to give back to my parents - I'll never be here without them, I won't grow like this if they didn't take care of me. They showered me  love and affection, they sacrifice for us. Now, I wanna return the favor. I wanna show them my labor of love. :) <3 <3 <3 Love you Mom and Dad!

Five, to help the elderly, the widows and the orphans - Jesus Christ' golden rule is "do to others, what you want others do to you". I wanna share the love of my heart to those who needs love the most. Elderly, widows and orphans have soft spot in my heart. I do wanna help them out even in small little ways of appreciation. I know that small gestures of kindness will make their hearts smile. Besides, it's better to give than to receive, right?

What's your Five Things You Want To Do Before You Get Old? Share yours!

P.S. Curious about BC Blogger? Click the BC Bloggers tab!

pictures aren't mine unless specified

29 comments:

  1. Nice post, I want to serve the church but I have no time. I also want to learn sports like billiard and badminton.



    http://mutualfundphilippines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to read an entire library! I love books too. Regards to you fellow mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving back to parents is a wonderful thing. You honor them to by doing that, and that's the only commandment with a promise attached to it.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of things to do before getting older. We all have our dreams and wishes and it's never too late to do things that makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a nice list... especially the last item. I wish you luck sis..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to do all these and more!
    You're right I feel a sense of urgency na din because each year I'm reminded I'm getting old @_@

    Which is why I didn't join in this meme. *lol* nakaka stress! XD

    Like ko yung read a library & plant a forest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks po, i really do hope i would, im trying my best :)
      and i wish to encourage everyone to do even small things to contribute in saving the Earth <3

      Delete
  7. I like your 4th.. I too would love to spoil my parents, after all they have done for me..

    and your 5th.. yes.. especially the elderly.. for they should be showered with love by their children and grandchildren.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your drawing is very fascinating! i agree, give back to parents is a must, without them, we wouldn't be who we are today :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks po! :) i actually won a Sunpiology using that same drawing lat 2010

      Delete
  9. Nice drawing! :) I love the Belle De jour planner as well!

    I love #1 on your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice list!
    i'm with you on saving mother earth
    to read a library or two is amazing, so you are a fast reader?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks po. :)
      i think so, :P i can read a medium size book in one seating :)

      Delete
  11. For me, i want to travel, travel and travel

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love books and i want to plant tress. i mean i want to practice growing a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your BDJ dreamboard! I must revisit mine and update it too :) I'd also love to travel, and finally find what I really want out of my life and how I can get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're an engineer and an artist. That's way too cool. I believe in what you said bout reading's like travelling..taking you to places you don't know (dreamy...) I just miss reading. But keep up the list. You'll do great for Mother Earth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Plants trees to! If the meme was more than 5 things to do, I would have definitely added that

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a nice list! and giving back to ur parents thumbs up for that! and also about serving the elderly that is really a good thing to do before we got old while we have the strength to do those things why NOT! hope that this will be accomplished because this things are really noble

    two thumbs up again for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your list says you have a warm, kind and loving spirit. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your sketches.

    God bless your heart for thinking about giving back and helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes to number four! I love my mom and dad very much :)
    God bless you! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go on with fulfilling your bucket list, especially item #1. Haha. Better yet, build your own library. Books are so irresistible, right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too would like to travel the world if there is sufficient funds for it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. To read a library, huh? Wow. I love reading too. I'm targeting 100 books in 2 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you put the list especially for envronment

    ReplyDelete

ask a question,
share your thoughts..
it would be lovely,
to see you post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...