Today, March 31 marks Earth Day 2012 and as an individual I want to share my simple ways on saving Mother Earth. Here's my daily act of green!
- sleep with lights close
- brush teeth not with water running but with a glass of water
- separating degradable and recyclable materials
- recycle plastic bags and container
- when shopping, I use my own plastic bag like my mom does
- when checking my atm balance, I don't ask for receipt that i will just throw away later, like my dad does
- not throwing candy wrappers anywhere!
- recycling used paper
- not switching the lights in the morning
- carpooling, all my family members to that :)
- not burn any plastic and rubber
And as another way of showing my care, here are the pledges that i will do to extend my hands more in helping saving our home
- will plant trees and plants, will make my own mini garden
- will use energy-efficient appliances and bulbs
- will help support groups that take care of endangered animals
- will support eco-friendly designs as a structural engineer
- will share my advocacy to everyone i encounter
and by that, check out my embedded widget (on the upper right portion of this blog) i got from earthday.org and share your Acts of Green!