Monday, July 09, 2012

my|phone A818 Duo Android 2.3


I'm not actually a phone person, as long as I can call and text, I'm good. I'm satisfied with a simple Nokia 3215Image Detailbefore and later my Samsung GT-E1080F
Image Detail
which comes with the Sun Cellular plan that my dad applied for me. But ever since I fall in love with ebooks and audiobooks, I planned to buy a new phone so that I can read and listen even on travel and away from my laptop. I scan and read reviews about new phones that are coming out in the market yet I can't decide. I guess I'm half-hearted on buying, so my hubby volunteered to buy me one hehe and I'm loving it! :D
My hubby saw this and decided to give it a try...
Uber madness! Too bad we're late on swapping a non-working phone to this one, but still Php4,499.00 is a good deal for an android phone!

Here are the MyPhone A818 Duo complete specs:
• 3.5 inch HVGA Capacitive Touchscreen 320×480 pixel resolution
• 650 MHz processor
• RAM TBA
• Android 2.3 Gingerbread
• Dual Sim / Dual Standby
• 3.2 MP primary camera
• Front facing VGA camera
• Wi-Fi , Wi-Fi hotspot
• Bluetooth
• WAP / GPRS / SMS /
• MMS/ NO 3GMultimedia Player / FM Radio – Headset jack3.5mm
• Pinoy Phone Apps , APK, Java
• Micro USB v2.0
• Internal memory expandable via microSD up to 16GB
• Battery TBA

What I love about it:
It comes with black, brown and white cases. I prefer white 'cause it looks more like an Iphone that way!
It's super cheap for an android dual sim with wifi phone. :)
I'm happy too with its dual camera! The front lens can be used for Skype via wifi and for girly girls like ahem as a mirror for touch ups too lol.
:)
The sound for music and radio, even the earphones are long enough and quite sturdy.
Free! Free! Free! Free flowing of apps and android games! Woohoo!

But remember, the good always comes with the bad and you can't have everything! So here are some of the downside:

The protective case are sold exclusively from my|phone retailers, mine is jelly pink and it's quite rough on all sides to avoid slipping :)
The casing is hard to open! I wish I could just slide it upward but no, you have to force open it using a small hole at the bottom edge...The picture quality is so and so, but personally I don't mind since I got a Sony Cybershot  DSC-W290.
Small qwerty touch pad, I can manage but my hubby's fingers are too big for the pad hehe nevertheless, it's tolerable. :P
No 3G/HSDPA connectivity, didn't matter to me though but this is quite a big deal to others.
The battery can only last up to 10hours maximum if you're not playing games and listening to music! This is the only major issue I have, good thing this phone can charge thru laptops too. Just be reminded to always bring your charger!

Nevertheless, I love my phone!!! :D So satisfied with it! Redundant I know!
I'm loving my new phone, I bet this will last me a year or so! :) I'm hyped about it! What's your dream phone?

6 comments:

  1. same tayo..ako masaya na ako kahit 3215 na phone..importante lang sa akin eh makatext ako at makatawag...
    though my blackberry ako thanks sa opisina namin..hehehe...
    pero mas happy ako sa Samsung Duos E1182 ko..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. pede po xa i-root pero mawawala 1year warranty. as for my phone, i decided to keep the warranty and root it afterwards, besides ang hirap magroot laging shell root failed. >:)

      Delete
    2. Hi miss Gerilen, ask ko lang po if may screen capture ba siya and if pde ba kumuha ng pics or magrecord ng video using the front camera? thanks in advance po :)

      Delete
    3. Hi, yes my screen capture ang a818 duo if naka root xa, marami akong nakikitang nag iiscreen shot e unfortunately, diko parin maroot ang phone q manually e. so un. but yes you could record videos using the front camera, but no HD quality! boo!

      Delete
  3. share ko lang po to, ganyan din phone ko eh, "Screen Shot" para sa hindi rooted na My phone pero hindi ko pa to natatry, dumadalaw lang ako sa ibang site eh at yan ang nakita ko :)

    http://myphoneonline.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/tut-for-a818-no-root-screenshot-it-credit-to-jhay-bongat/

    at ito pa po ung isa, testingin nyo nalang if my time po kau :)

    ReplyDelete

ask a question,
share your thoughts..
it would be lovely,
to see you post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...