Friday, September 16, 2011

Banangan, Sablan


I've been there for several times, of different reasons...

I've stayed there for quite a long time, too.

And now, it would be an offense not to share the beauty of this beautiful side of Benguet.

I present you - my experiences thru pictures.





 This place is really a haven away from the busy city life. Here, there is peace and quiet. You can release stress and feel calm, simply because the lifestyle here is very simple.

Rain is usual.

Sablan is a nearby province of Baguio City and is a municipality of Benguet. It is along the national highway of Naguillan Road in-between Baguio and La Union. Like Baguio, Sablan is way much cooler than Manila! 


We have to bring extra bed sheets, socks, bonnet and we never forget to bring our jackets.

There are obviously a lot of animals to see here. I know it maybe typical for others, but for me this is a whole new level! We rarely see livestock in Manila unless it was chopped and frozen!

Domestic cats and dogs are everywhere. Free to roam around. Cats usually don’t have names while two of the dogs were named Osang and Bulding – it is, I think is an Iloco term for ‘one-eyed-pup’.

Cordillerans are fond of eating dog meat because it is known that the ‘meat’ can heat up the body which people here like, especially during cold rainy season. But now, thank goodness, it’s not an everyday thing anymore, as far as I know...

spot the duck
Livestock includes ducks and geese; we saw one running around the highway. Chickens and roosters, doves and other kinds of birds are getting fewer but we can still see three or four.

this is so curious!
 The goats here are very well fed. There's a lot of grasses and plants they could choose from. They are free to go wherever they want because they themselves know when, where and how to go home. 
We are raising goats, and maybe soon we’ll be having lambs too to make it complete.
reminds me of a rabbit in a fable
so cute!
Rabbits are my recently favourite farm animals! They’re so soft, cute and so lovable. I love how they nibble, the sounds to me seems like that the food is so crunchy!
so adorable!
Snakes and frogs are common here as well. I’ve tried eating frogs too... They were okay and tastes like chicken.
Green is in! Trees and plants, vines and grasses are everywhere! Farming is the main source of living here. From root crops to hanging plants, flowers, plants and trees, the soil is just perfect for almost all kinds of vegetation. 
coffee

newly harvested sweet potatoes

this is so delicious!
Rain also helps a lot for a great harvest, unless it’s a tropical storm or froze bite.

Sunflower bloom everywhere during summer! If you know me, one of my dreams is to go sunflower hunting! As I drawn it in my BDJ dream board: into the sunflower fields!

I will continue to discover other parts of Sablan the next time I'll visit the place. I didn't get the chance to go swimming on the falls and go hiking on the nearby hills and mountains. Maybe one day. :)

40 comments:

  1. the bird photo looks so cute! ahahah they're grouping <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. nature always give the best art! those pictures were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place is very close to my heart.. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there really a sunflower farm somewhere there? I would love to see that if there is one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis, yes there are a lot of sunflower here especially during summer.. :) theyre like wild grass growing everywhere!

      Delete
  5. Such a nice place. Cute ng rabbits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ay, no pictures of sunflower?
    ako i love countryside, ganda ng pinas eh. every time there is a chance i always treasure the experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hindi na kc summer when i went there :P next time ill take pictures of the sunflowers too :P

      Delete
  7. I'd like to retire in a place similar like this where everything I need is just within an arm's reach. More so, I'd like to veer away from Manila's pollution and congestion.... I hope I can save up and get a property in a rural area :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very foggy! It must have been very, very cold when you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the place is sure more beautiful when summer flowers bloom...nice place to visit if you want to relax from the hustle and bustle of the city life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not see what I'm typing because the ad windows is blocking the first lines of the comment form :(

    The place is so serene. Sometimes it is also nice to live in a place where there is no pollution and everything is fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to scroll fast where I read "frogs". I fear them. Buti na lang you did not post pictures or I might shout and wake my neighbors. Yes, I am that OA when it comes to frogs. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww.. ganun? sayang.. buti hindi ko pa napost ung video how we watch preparing and cooking frogs! natakot din ako at naawa ng konti hehe pero delicioso tlga! taste like chicken. :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! Ang ganda! Especially the foggy road in the morning. Such a wonderful place.

    Visiting from CE Aug28.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This an idiot question, but where is Banangan, Sablan in the Philippines? Anyone can google but it would help tourism much better if bloggers always indicate in their posts the province of the remote places they are talking about. Photos don't help either. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really an idiotic question, you obviously didn't read the post before commenting :/

      Delete
  14. but then again that last comment of mine was directed to other bloggers esp. those who call themselvers travelers. Your post was clear as day and I've never been but always wanted to visit Baguio. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you. I never get to travel that much and reading this post really makes me envy of people who travels a lot (for job reason or vacation only) looking forward for your post after your hiking experience hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. there are really nice place to take pices in the province. the beans with water droplets are really nice one.
    -daddy allan (visit from BC Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your photos reminded me of our province, my mom's hometown...i love to eat ripe coffee berries

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, nature! Sana I'd get to visit Sablan too. It's nice to visit places like this every once in a while. Rejuvenating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I studied in Baguio for 5 years and yet I really didn't get the chance to actually visit and see the nearby towns/places but my brothers did. I think the falls you mentioned is the one they went to for swimming, hihi! Nice scenes, very relaxing I could imagine the cold breeze. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A nice fine place to relax and unwind. Cool breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful photos! I love the one with the dew drops on the leaves and the one with birds on the cable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! what a place... thanks for sharing, might visit there one day. I love your pictures... Love the kamote pic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice photos.. like the foggy road.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the photos. :D So nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, look at all that fog! I have been to Benguet before, too, and I have to agree that it's a very peaceful place. I wonder if I can ever go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm from Cebu and Baguio is the farthest that I have been to in Luzon. But seeing all those pictures and how you described me makes me plan a trip for the whole family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been to Baguio & La Union but not Benguet. It's on my priority travel list. I'm waiting for this event to open then hopefully I'll be able to go.

    Lol I love that photo with the duck. I wonder where he/she's going. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to visit this place too! I'll definitely put this place in my must-travel list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is heaven~~!! I just wished I could feel the chill in Baguio right now. Sablan has this nice country touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That pic of camote is so lovely! I love going to such places. I hope I could see and visit a place like that one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. seems like a great and lovely place, hope i can go there some time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. the place looks the kind of vacation i want to have. i mean just lie around and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Leaving you another comment to inform you that I have included you in my list of nominees to receive the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my post about it so you can know the details on how to accept the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis, thanks for nominating me! :D ill check your post! :)

      Delete

ask a question,
share your thoughts..
it would be lovely,
to see you post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...