Makes 10 servings
150 kcal per serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons apple sauce
Ingredients for the pancake batter:
-1 1/2 cups aall purpose flour
-1 cup blended carrots or 250g carrots, raw
-1/2 cup milk
-1/8 cup Mott's 100% Apple Juice
-6 tablespoon grated cheese
-4 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-pinch of salt
Ingredients for the apple sauce:
-1 cup of Mott's Apple Juice
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/2 cup of apple, cubed
1. Combine carrots, eggs, milk, water, sugar and salt. Mix together using a blender of food processor.
2. No a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and grated cheese. Add to the blended carrots.
3. Grease preheated pan with cooking spray.
4. Pour a small scoop of batter in the middle of the pan until it forms a round shape. Cook for about two minutes on each side.
5. To make the apple sauce, cook the apple juice with honey on a saucepan until the mixture thickens to desired consistency.
6. Add the apple cubes and cook for about one minute.
7. Remove from heat and pour onto the pancakes.