Monday, April 22, 2013

Stiefil's SpectraBAN 60


I was too skeptical to wear sunblock before, because first, it takes extra time to apply. Second, it feels super thick it makes my skin feel extra greasy during summer and extra hot as I feel the "film" blocking my skin, unable to breathe! Okay, so maybe I was overreacting so scratch the last part. :P But after beating myself up and convincing I had to, and tried EverBilena's Body and Face Sunblock and two others, now, I am on the hunt for new sunblocks to try out there most especially now that he sun IS scorching hot! But don't get me wrong, we still need sunblock even when it's cloudy and raining!

Moving on, I got myself some free stuff from a mommy-baby event, thanks to our friendly Physiogel Booth friends! :D
Now, here is what Spectraban looks like...
DSC_1035
According to the packaging:
  • 10% Microfine Zinc Oxide
  • UVB Protection at SPF 40+
  • Strong UVA Protection
  • Long Duration
  • Ideal for Post Procedure
  • Fragrance-Free
  • Dermatology Tested
  • This is the perfect sun block cream for everyday use for all skin type
  • Broad-spectrum Protection protect against both harmful UVA of PA+++ and UVB of SPF60 rays
  • The formula is non-greasy, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, hence perfectly safe even for babies 6 months and above
DSC_1036

Here are the swatches:
Don't fear the whitey appearance, the Zinc Oxide was microfined hence making it more transparent when applied while retaining its property to protect against the sun.DSC_1038

See the shimmery glints after blending?
DSC_1039
The shine retracts the sun in a way, so using sunscreen is not advisable on photography however, it is highly protective of its SPF60 that is greater than the usual SPF40 to protect against UVB damage and it has good UVA protection because it contain Zinc Oxide.
It is encouraging to know that regular use of sunscreen will help prevent premature skin aging, wrinkles, pigmentation and the horrible sunburn! It can also improve the quality of skin due to Vitamin E that serves as the skin's antioxidant and protect cells from free radicals leaving it healthy and sundamage-free!
Like all the other sunscreen out there, it is not advisable to put sunscreen near the eye area, I don't put it anywhere near my eye area, but when I shower, the left bits of sunscreen on my forehead always makes my eyes watery and sleepy-like. And also we still need to use our UVA & UVB protecting sunglasses when we are out and aout! This is also the perfect sunscreen for summer because its water-resistant, hence remain on skin even during contact with water! Give this product a try... it won't let you burn! lol
Stay protected against the sun and enjoy your summer! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

ask a question,
share your thoughts..
it would be lovely,
to see you post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...