-8 slices Gardenia Classic White Bread
-8 pcs Squidballs, thawed
-2 cups Squidballs, minced
-200 ml Fresh milk
-Oil, for deep frying
-50 ml water
-3 tbsp. Soy sauce
-1 1/2 tbsp. Vinegar
-2 tbsp. Cornstarch
-1 tbsp. Onions, chopped
1. For the sauce, mix and boil water, soy sauce and vinegar.
2. When the mixture starts to boil, mix about 2 tsp of slurry (mixed of water and cornstarch). Cook the mixture until thick. Set aside.
3. Blanch the squidballs for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. Trim the sides of the bread then press it using your palm. Soak the flatten breads in milk.
5. Wrap the squidballs with soaked bread. Form a ball shape.
6. Roll the balls on minced squidballs, it will serve as the breadcrumbs.
7. Deep fry until golden brown. Strain.
8. Plate and serve with sauce on the side.